Plum Cobbler & People I Love

This past Sunday I spent time with one of my favorite people doing one of my favorite things...baking with my lovely friend Daphne. She sent me recipe for plum cobbler, knowing my obsession, and it looked so tasty and cozy I had to try it. I still remember the first cobbler we made together when I first starting baking. It was a blackberry cobbler and we accidentally put cumin instead of cinnamon on the blackberries! Luckily we were able to wash off the berries and still achieve a great tasting cobbler.  So much has changed since then, including our kitchen skills, and it is such a privilege to watch her be a wonderful mother to two of the sweetest kids. I had to include some photos of them because they are so stinkin cute. 















Plum Cobbler
from Food & Wine

Filling:
4 lbs plums, in wedges
169g sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch

Topping:
250g AP flour
85g cornmeal
169g sugar
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
228g butter, cold and cubed
6 oz cold milk

Oven 375F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.

Toss plums with sugar and cornstarch, let stand while making the topping.
Whisk together cornmeal, sugar, ginger, baking powder and salt.
Cut in butter until coarse crumbs. ADd the milk and stir until moistened.
Spread the plums in the baking dish and scoop out topping to cover all the plums.
Chill in fridge for 1/2 hour.
Transfer directly to the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Topping should be golden and crisp.
Let cool for about an hour before serving.

1 comments:

  1. SO MANY PLUMS AND CUTE FACES! That looks scrumptios Nicole! Oh man, put ice cream on anything and you've got my thumbs up. Just kidding. But seriously, I'm going to try this. I wonder if I could adapt a gluten free version.

    ReplyDelete